How to choose the right walk in shower for you
The best way to find which walk-in shower will work best for you is to visit our showroom and try each shower type. This will provide you with the knowledge you need to know about the key issues: step heights, turning circles, slip resistant products, weight tolerance and drainage considerations. The practical knowledge you can learn from visiting our showroom will ensure that you make the right purchase for your current and likely future needs.
- Full height glass screens complement any elegant bathroom
- Easy installation
- Can be installed with a variety of shower tray configurations
- Water tight high integrity seal included
- 6mm safety glass to EN 12600 Class 1
- Contemporary polished aluminium finish
- Cut-to-length support rails rotate for multi-angle connections
Larenco Sliding Screen
- Stylish and space saving Larenco sliding screen
- Easy grab handles, inside and out
- Smooth operation for easy use
- Stay clear coating to keep glass looking clean for longer
- 6mm toughened glass for added safety
- Magnetic seals for improved water integrity
Level Access Shower Tray with Heavy Duty Curtains
- Showering areas can be defined using a number of shower tray options
- Provide a level access shower
- Quick draining wastes
- Slip resistant finish available
- Unrivalled strength and stability
- Curtain material 100% woven polyester with weighted hem
We will work with you to understand your own individual challenges and manage the restrictions presented. If you would like a member of our team to discuss the options available, please call 0121 382 1814 for a free appointment. Alternatively, please browse our other accessible shower solutions: Wet Rooms, Care Assisted Showers and Low-Level Showers.
The less mobile the person, the larger the area is needed for turning. In our experience all too often baths are replaced with shower cubicles that do not allow enough space.
Most shower trays that are fitted must be strong enough to bear not only the weight of the user but also assistance from family members or carers. Without sufficient strength, the product will cracks and leak, causing damp problems after the installation.
The higher the step into a walk in shower the more core strength is required. Often stepping out of the shower or bath is far more dangerous than stepping in. For that reason, the correct safety flooring or use of a level access showering solution can help prevent and reduce falls reducing hospital admissions in the longer term.
It is very easy to overlook the possibility of being scalded by hot water. If the correct temperature controls are not installed and calibrated, users can easily be burned.
Some installations use pumps to bring water to and from your walk in shower, which in our experience can result in costly maintenance issues later on. We always try to design and install a natural gravity based drainage system.
Keeping the room warm for the user is important for many people who are suffering from an illness or general older age. We use ladder style towel rails that will not only heat your room but your towels too. They can also be fitted with a dual fuel feature to enable you to warm towels in the summer months. It is also possible to install under floor heating for an added touch of luxury.